MEASURES TO BE TAKEN FOR MECHANISING THE HANDLING AND IMPROVING THE TRANSPORT OF LUGGAGE AND PARCELS TRAFFIC
Table of Contents: 1) Introduction; 2) Mechanization of the handling of goods; 3) Carriage of luggage and parcels in trains; 4) Technical parameters of the appliances used; 5) Technical requirements for luggage vans and parcel vans; 6) Technical requirements for fixed installations; and 7) Notes concerning the calculation of profitability when introducing measures to mechanize the transhipment and improve the transport of luggage and parcels.
International Union of Railways14 rue Jean Rey
75015 Paris, France
- Publication Date: 1971-1
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Baggage; Freight traffic; Package service; Passenger trains; Railroad cars; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Baggage cars; Car design; Package freight
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052676
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOC 20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM