ROLLER BEARING AXLEBOXES AND AXLES. RECOMMENDATIONS CONCERNING THE SELECTION AND CONDITIONS FOR THE OFFICIAL TESTING AND ACCEPTANCE OF GREASES INTENDED FOR THE LUBRICATION OF ROLLER BEARING AXLEBOXES OF RAILWAY VEHICLES
The present report brings up-to-date the conclusions of 1964 of ORE Committee E 18 d concerning the methods for assessing roller bearing axlebox greases in taking into account the increase in distances run, loads and in speeds as well as the lengthening of the overhaul intervals. Following numerous enquiries, the ORE B 95 Committed has formulated recommendations concerning the choice of properties of greases intended for axleboxes of all vehicles running at speeds equal to or lower than 160 km/h, the conditions for the official testing and acceptance of these greases, the storing of greases and the refilling of axleboxes. A grease satisfying the official testing and acceptance conditions defined in this report permits, in the case of wagons, a control-check of axleboxes with renewal of greases, at intervals of 8 to 10 years.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight cars; Journal boxes; Lubricants; Maintenance; Roller bearings; Standardization; Tests; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car maintenance; Question b95
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052671
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B95/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM