BALANCED CANTILEVER BRIDGES - TWO SOLUTIONS
The "balanced cantilever" method of construction for bridges has become common in Europe in the past two decades. The New South Wales Department of Main Roads is now constructing two bridges by this method. This paper gives a general description of the bridges, showing how the one basic construction method has been used to build two bridges of quite different final structural forms. The paper also descibes the different techniques used in construction. (TRRL)
- Proceedings of the Concrete Institute of Australia Conference, Canberra, 1979.
CONCRETE INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIAPO BOX 848
SYDNEY, NEW SOUTH WALES Australia 1585
- Cleary, F G
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Box girders; Bridge design; Bridges; Cables; Cantilevers; Concrete; Conferences; Construction management; Design; Structural design
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Balanced design
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 3474: Box girder; 3455: Bridge; 4530: Cable; 3450: Cantilever; 4755: Concrete; 8525: Conference; 3666: Construction method
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Design; Highways; I53: Construction of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00310389
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Proc.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM