IDENTIFICATION OF WAGON NUMBERS. A REVIEW OF THE MICROWAVE IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM
The report gives an account of the present state of research into the application of the microwave system for automatic car identification purposes. Special emphasis is put on the following points: - new coding of transponders, - the possibility of connecting several antenna units to one processing unit, - mounting of responders, - the influence of these factors on cost. Furthermore, the report gives a list of technical terms and describes the present state of negotiations with Siemens about licensing arrangements.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Microwave communication systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Microwave systems; Question a97
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052670
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A97/RP 5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM