ADHESION OF LOCOMOTIVES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION. ADHESION TESTS OF AUTUMN 1972
The report describes the adhesion tests carried out during Autumn 1972 using the B 44 Test Machine 18 000 equipped for operation with a 25 kV, 50 Hz feeding locomotive. The tests were a continuation of those already described in RP 9 and RP 10 but 1400 mm driving wheels were fitted. New data was obtained using the measuring axle-boxes, and the traction forces transmitted by each of the two driving wheels were measured. As before, both manual and statistical evaluations have been made to obtain the greatest information from the recorded results.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Ride quality; Tests; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Question b44
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052666
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B44/RP 11/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM