MEASUREMENTS IN COLLISION AVOIDANCE EXPERIMENTS
An interpretation of the directions necessary for collision avoidance research is presented, now that the effectiveness of C/A systems has been accepted. Greater understanding of the factors influencing the C/A decision-making process is required.
- One of 28 technical papers published in the Proceedings of the Third Annual CAORF Symposium, Maritime Simulation Research, held October 15-16, 1979, King's Point, N.Y. See MRIS Abstract No. 310209.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Jones, K
- Publication Date: 1979-10-15
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash avoidance systems; Human factors engineering
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00310221
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 15 Conf Paper
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38003
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM