A FORECAST OF TRAINING RESEARCH
The future of training research employing CAORF is discussed with an emphasis on investigating factors which affect the rate of acquisition and retention of learned behavior. Issues such as the structure of the training program, instructional strategies, the effect of learning by observation, and transfer of training are addressed and proposed programs for CAORF research are described. A by-product of training research in terms of advanced bridge display systems providing improved feedback to the mariner is also suggested.
- One of 28 technical papers published in the Proceedings of the Third Annual CAORF Symposium, Maritime Simulation Research, held October 15-16, 1979, King's Point, N.Y. See MRIS Abstract No. 310209.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY United States 11024
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Williams, K E
- Publication Date: 1979-10-15
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Simulation; Training programs; Training simulators
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00310216
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper No. 10 Conf Paper
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38003
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM