CONSTRUCTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR IMPROVING THE RIDING STABILITY AND GUIDING QUALITY OF ELECTRIC AND DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES AND VEHICLES. SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS AND VEHICLE DESIGN RECOMMENDATIONS
During the investigations and studies relating to the riding stability and guiding quality of tractive units, various data have been collected which have enabled constructional recommendations to be elaborated. These have been grouped together in such a way that it will be possible to choose, from among these recommendations, those which are apt to reduce the forces between wheel and rail to the greatest possible extent, while a good riding stability of the tractive unit is still ensured.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel locomotives; Dynamics; Electric locomotives; Highway curves; Locomotives; Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Ride quality; Speeding; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design; Question b10; Speed up on curves
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B10/RP 15/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1976 12:00AM