PROCEEDINGS OF THE THIRD ANNUAL CAORF SYMPOSIUM ON MARITIME SIMULATION RESEARCH
Twenty-eight technical papers provide an overview of present-day maritime industry concerns and of the research performed at the Computer Aided Operations Research Facility (CAORF), Kings Point, prior to October 1979 and the research planned for 1980 and beyond. Also discussed are applications of simulators for mariner training; for evaluating effectiveness of Automated Radar Plotting Aids; for establishing feasibility of, and operating procedures for, ice-transiting shipping operations; and for developing criteria for various port-design parameters.
- Third Annual CAORF Symposium, Maritime Simulation Research, held October 15-16, 1979, King's Point, N.Y.
National Maritime Research Center, Kings PointUnited States Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY USA 11024
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: 330 p.
- TRT Terms: Collision avoidance systems; Information systems; Maneuvering; Mathematical models; Operations research; Pilotage; Port operations; Ship pilotage; Ship simulators; Simulation; Training; Training programs; Training simulators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship models
- Old TRIS Terms: Training courses (Ship handling)
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00310209
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-900-80014
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38003
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM