GENERAL PROBLEMS CONNECTED WITH WHEELS AND THEIR ASSEMBLY: SOLID CAST-STEEL WHEELS, WHEELS OF DIFFERENT DIAMETER AND SHAPE. PROBLEM OF THE GRADE OF STEEL AND SHAPE OF SOLID ROLLED-STEEL WHEELS FOR WAGONS AND COACHES--RECOMMENDATIONS. VOLUME 1: TEXT AND APPENDICES 1, 2 & 3
This report covers generally the tests carried out by the ORE B 98 Committee with solid rolled-steel wheels. It summarizes the tests covered by the interim reports Nos. 2, 6 and 7 and describes those which have since been carried out, in giving the general conclusions which have been drawn as regards the grade of steel and shape to be adopted, in conformity with the provisions of the technical specification drawn up by the ORE B 98 Committee (1), for wheels with the following diameters: 660/630 - 760/680 - 840/760 - 920/840 mm. In each instance, it provides a drawing of the corresponding wheel which satisfies all the tests carried out so far. This document thus answers the questions raised by the Working Group "Wheels for trailer stock acceptable for use in international traffic" of the UIC.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Metallurgy; Size; Steel; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b98; Steel wheels; Wheel design; Wheel metallurgy; Wheel size
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052656
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B98/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1976 12:00AM