UNCONVENTIONAL TRACKS. BRITISH RAILWAYS PROTOTYPES MAIN LINE PAVED CONCRETE TRACK AT DUFFIELD. CONSTRUCTION AND RUNNING EXPERIENCE
This report briefly describes the construction and running experience of the prototype main line paved concrete track at Duffield. The slab design and construction is described and measurements of the behaviour under traffic are summarised. A number of minor maintenance works have been necessary but overall the behaviour of the paved concrete track during the first year of service can be considered satisfactory.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete slab track; Dynamics; Railroad tracks; Track laying; Unconventional track
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track behavior
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete paved track; Question d87
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052653
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D87/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 27 1976 12:00AM