REPAIR AND STRENGTHENING OF TIMBER BRIDGES
In contents list this paper (paper 4) is listed as "repair and strengthening of timber trusses". Despite a constant and continuing program of replacement of timber bridges throughout N.S.W., large numbers of these structures must still remain in service, particularly those located on less trafficked roads, for many years to come. The paper presents a brief outline of some of the maintenance procedures adopted by the Department of Main Roads in N.S.W. To repair and strengthen timber bridges, in particular, timber truss bridges. (TRRL)
- Proceedings from the NAASRA Bridge Maintenance Seminar, Sydney, September 1979.
New South Wales Department of Main Roads,Australia309 Castlereagh Street
Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
- Fraser, U D
- Ho, W K
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridge design; Bridges; Conferences; Foreign; Highway maintenance; Maintenance; Repairing; Steel; Strength of materials; Structural design; Timber; Traffic loads; Truss bridges; Wood; Wooden bridges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs; Strength development
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Old TRIS Terms: Timber (Structural)
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 3455: Bridge; 3482: Bridge deck; 8525: Conference; 3847: Maintenance; 4542: Steel; 4506: Wood (mater)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Freight Transportation; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00310055
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM