REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF CONCRETE BRIDGES WITH PARTICULAR REFERENCE TO THE USE OF EPOXIES
Epoxy materials have been available commercially for some 20 years and are being increasingly used in the repair of concrete bridges. In this paper (paper 6), a brief account is given of the manufacture of commercial epoxies and their major properties are described. Some details are given of the effect on mechanical properties of using various additives with the hardener. A number of bridge repair jobs by the main roads department, w.a., are described in which extensive use has been made of epoxies (a). (TRRL)
- Proceedings from the NAASRA Bridge Maintenance Seminar, Sydney, September 1979.
New South Wales Department of Main Roads,Australia309 Castlereagh Street
Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
- Palmer, P M
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; References;
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Additives; Bridge design; Bridges; Concrete; Concrete bridges; Conferences; Epoxy resins; Highway maintenance; Joints (Engineering); Maintenance; Mechanical properties; Repairing; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Repairs
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- ITRD Terms: 8006: Australia; 3455: Bridge; 4755: Concrete; 8525: Conference; 7468: Epoxy resin; 2998: Joint (structural); 3847: Maintenance; 3635: Repair
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; I61: Equipment and Maintenance Methods;
- Accession Number: 00310054
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- Report/Paper Numbers: Proceeding
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 26 1980 12:00AM