PLANNING GUIDELINES FOR PUBLIC TRANSPORT INTERCHANGES
Report was prepared for the Director General of Transport, South Australia, and sets out guidelines for the location, planning and evaluation of public transport interchanges with particular emphasis of application in Metropolitan Adelaide. It raises some of the issues which should be taken into account when concidering the location, design and justification of hte public transport interchange. It is important that broad strategic and location issues should be settled before detailed implementation planning proceeds too far. On the other hand, both strategic issues and detailed design issues are of importance in economic justification. The operation of one mode of public transport in one section of the city cannot be considered in isolation, nor can the location of an interchange - it is not an integral part of a total urban system. The cross influence of various public transport routes in a corridor or sector of Adelaide, through-running bus operations, and the degree of commitment to feeder/express modes of operation will all influence the location, design and justification of interchanges.
Nairn (RJ) and Partners Proprietary Limited408 King William Street
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Publication Date: 1979-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Guidelines; Highway design; Interchanges; Interchanges and intersections; Location; Public transit; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 8006: Australia; 226: Cost benefit analysis; 9011: Design (overall design); 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 2885: Layout; 9061: Location; 958: Park and ride; 143: Planning; 744: Public transport; 1185: Transport interchange (passengers)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00310035
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Limited
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM