WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES: DESIGN, MAINTENANCE AND STANDARDIZATION. STANDARDIZATION WHEELSETS WITH ASSEMBLED AXLEBOXES FOR WAGONS EQUIPPED WITH 920 MM DIAMETER WHEELS
The wheelset with assembled axlebox and fitted with 920 mm wheels has been designed: 1) for taking 22 t axleloads 2) to be interchangeable with existing UIC wheelsets 3) for use with two-axled or bogie wagons. It has: 1) a short journal 2) a solid rim-sprayed wheel without offset and with curved web. The recommendations of ORE Committees B 95 (RP 3 and RP 4), B 98 (RP 9) and S 1002 (RP 2) are applicable to this standardised wheelset.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Freight cars; Journal boxes; Railroad cars; Standardization; Vehicle components; Vehicle design; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle design; Question b136
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052646
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B136/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1975 12:00AM