STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS INCLUDING THERMAL EFFECTS FOR ICEBREAKERS
The report gives the results of a study conducted by the Structural Research Department of Southwest Research Institute for the United States Coast Guard. The study consisted of an analytical analysis of a three-dimensional structural model based on an existing icebreaker of the wind class. The effects on stresses and deformations of temperature variation through the structure are examined through the use of the computer program FRAN. ( Author )
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- Kiesling, Ernst W
- Publication Date: 1967-6
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Thermal stresses
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Highways; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00002153
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: TCG-17962A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1972 12:00AM