DEVELOPMENT OF HEAVY RAIL-PROFILES. STUDY OF A NEW 71 KG/M RAIL (ORE 71 PROFILE)
The guiding principles for the study of heavy rail-sections already having been defined in a previous report (D 120;RP 1), calculations have been carried out on three heavy rail-sections with a view to defining a new rail of approximately 70 kg/m. Two of these sections represented a synthesis of 10 preliminary rail-section designs and would have to be compared with a third one chosen by way of reference (140 1B AREA American rail). The results of the calculations and the rolling conditions have finally enabled a new rail of 71.27 kg metric weight to be proposed.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Rail (Railroads); Railhead; Specifications; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d120; Rail design; Rail head profile; Rail sections; Rail specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D120/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 1976 12:00AM