ESTIMATION OF MULTIVARIABLE RAILWAY VEHICLE DYNAMICS FROM NORMAL OPERATING RECORDS. LABORATORY OF APPLIED MECHANICS DELFT UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, THE NETHERLANDS
This paper discusses a procedure developed in order to estimate the parameters in a mathematical model describing the generation of the lateral motions of railway vehicles from measurements under normal operating conditions. Computations for a cyclical least squares model reference technique are carried out on a hybrid computer. In an illustrative example for a second order system it is shown that the use of two models in parallel can substantially improve the convergence, especially if the system output is disturbed by additive noise. The first results of experiments on vehicles, which are presented, show an encouraging correspondence between the important responses of the model and the actual bogie.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Broersen, PMT
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Equations of motion; Mathematical models; Rail (Railroads); Simulation; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle dynamics; Vehicle performance; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Truck performance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052643
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DT 36
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 13 1976 12:00AM