BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES AND COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS. ENQUIRY UNDERTAKEN IN 1973 CONCERNING THE USE OF COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS
The enquiry undertaken in 1971 concerning the use of composition brake blocks and circulated to 12 ORE Administrations (Administrations represented by members in the ORE B 64 Committee) was repeated in 1973 and then extended to all 43 ORE Member Administrations. In general, the use of brake blocks is found to be growing; they are applied on shunting and main line locomotives, passenger coaches, goods wagons and also on suburban and city railways. The economic advantages and environmental protection are of decisive importance for their application. For the problems still existing despite the active research into this field, solutions are sought by further studies within the scope of those undertaken by the ORE B 126 Committee and the continued exchange of experience.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Disc brakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b126; Tread braking
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B126/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM