HIGH POWER TRACTION CURRENT COLLECTION AT HIGH SPEED. DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF THE "OVERHEAD CONTACT-PANTOGRAPH" SYSTEM. COMPARISON BETWEEN RESULTS OF BR SIMULATIONS AND SNCF TRACK TESTS
This report contains a description of a computer program developed by BR, which enables general forms of overhead contact systems and pantograph designs to be studied in one program. The variations of the various parameters of the overhead contact system and of the pantographs is easily made. The computer procedure is based on the equations of motion of the catenary wires and of the pantograph. The input and output data are mentioned and the report also contains an example of a calculation. A series of simulations representing tests performed by SNCF were done to afford a comparison between theory and experiment.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Electrical conductivity; Equations of motion; Information processing; Pantographs; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: British Rail; Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics; Question a129
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052638
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: A129/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM