AVAILABILITY AND USE OF ABANDONED RAILROAD RIGHTS-OF-WAY
This study, prepared in compliance with section 809(a) of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act, evaluates potential alternative uses of, and public policy with respect to conversion of railroad rights-of-way where service has been or is likely to be discontinued. It includes an inventory of rights-of-way abandoned since 1970, an evaluation of rail bank, a survey of existing government programs for utilizing abandoned rights-of-way for public purposes, and an assessment of public utilization of such rights-of-way.
- Report of the Secretary of Transportation to the President and the Congress pursuant to Section 809(a) of the Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Land use; Policy; Policy making; Property values; Right of way (Land)
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00309880
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM