PERMISSIBLE MASSES PER AXLE FOR TRAILER VEHICLES AS A FUNCTION OF THE WHEEL DIAMETER AND SPEED. INVESTIGATION OF THE PERMISSIBLE AXLE-LOADS FOR WAGONS WITH Y25 BOGIES (920 MM WHEELS) AT HIGH SPEED (BEYOND 120 KM/H)
This report contains a description of the line tests, carried out on a bogie wagon of the SNCF with Y 25 bogies. It concerns measurements on the wagon at speeds to 160 km/h and masses per axle to 20 t. The report also contains some recommendations for the maximum masses per axle depending on the speed from the points of view of the harmful effects exerted by the vehicle on the track and the riding stability.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle load force; Freight cars; Ride quality; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Trucks; Vehicle design; Vehicle dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Freight car dynamics; Question c113
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052637
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C113/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1976 12:00AM