OFFICIAL ACCEPTANCE AND MAINTENANCE OF DIESEL ENGINES. MAINTENANCE OF CYLINDER HEADS, VALUES AND ACCESSORIES
This report is based on a critical comparison of the experience of eight administrations. In confining itself merely to the technological aspect of maintenance, it describes the different, most frequently encountered defects, the causes and most common development trends of these and also the most currently used inspection and repair methods. The report also proposes the prescribed limits at the end of the official acceptance tests on engines, and includes a terminology in five languages. The Working Group has already prepared three reports on the maintenance of diesel engines, namely: Crank shafts (Report No. 12) Pistons, gudgeon pins, piston rings and cylinder liners (Report No. 14) Prevention of corrosion in diesel engine cooling circuits (Report No. 16).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Cylinder heads; Diesel engines; Valves; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine maintenance; Question b13
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B13/RP 18/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 15 1975 12:00AM