COMPUTER BASED TRAIN CONTROL SYSTEMS ON LONDON TRANSPORT
The paper describes both present computer controlled railway signalling on London Transports Railways, and the proposed installation of a centralized computer control system for two deep tube lines. In addition to the control functions, the paper also briefly describes the information which will be available from the computer system, and the means of entering time table and crew schedule information into the computers.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Hadaway, H W
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Centralized traffic control; Computer programs; Information processing; Signaling
- Identifier Terms: London Transport
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052622
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1976 12:00AM