SIMULATION MODEL FOR THE STUDY OF TRAIN RUNNING
The author describes a simulation model applicable to the case of a line equipped with automatic block the "exit-from-line" of which gives multi-directional access. The model is constructed in modular form and is of the type with variable time increment (simulation in the form of separate distinct events). The model is well-suited for studying the stability of a train running schedule during peak hours, as a function of the signalling installation. It permits the sensitivity of the train schedules to different parameters to be determined: length of block sections, speed restriction zones, characteristics of the rolling stock, closure time of signal controlled from end of line. etc.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Martens, P
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Information processing; Scheduling; Signaling; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1976 12:00AM