COMPILATION OF WORKING TIMETABLES FOR TEMPORARY SINGLE-TRACK WORKING; WAYS OF CONTROLLING TRAIN RUNNING
The German Federal Railway has developed a program for determining the effect of temporary single-track working on the theoretical timetable for a double-track line. The program does not just fix the train sequence in the temporary single-track section by train classes, but also takes into account permissible train delays, for which allowance is made depending on the priority of the train. The article gives an account of the structure of the program and the method used to determine the train sequence in the section with temporary single-track working.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Roth, P
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic train control; Computer programs; Data processing; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Operations; Planning; Railroad facility operations; Single track
- Identifier Terms: Deutsche Bahn; Deutsche Bundesbahn
- Uncontrolled Terms: Line capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Operations planning; Question az40; Single track operations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052618
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1976 12:00AM