AUTOMATIC ROUTE SETTING BY TRAIN NUMBER EVALUATION
Automatic setting of train movements at junctions requires routing criteria. For this purpose the train number which includes the train destination and the route to it is well adapted. A limited capacity computer is especially suited for evaluation of the train number and the resulting route setting. SBB will use the reconstruction of the track system in Zurich Oerlikon station, an important junction, to install an automatic train routing system with a processor. INTEGRA AG has in this connection developed a simulation program for a PDP 8e computer which, in off-line operation, permits the simulation of all technical and operating conditions which need to be allowed for. Every train entering the control area is guided over a predetermined route to its destination without being diverted and, in accordance with the criterion of "first come - first served" decision principle, without considering any priorities. This type of automatic train routing provides an economical and flexible solution which will enable even more complicated decision algorithms to be performed when the time comes.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- STALDER, O
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Automatic train control; Automatic train operation; Computer programs; Data processing; Decision making; Simulation
- Identifier Terms: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az40
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1976 12:00AM