PROGRAMMING PACKAGE FOR RAILWAY TRACTION SIMULATION
The general purpose programming package for simulation of single train operation is described. The train can be tracted by AC, DC, diesel or steam locomotive. Input data for the simulation package consist of parameters describing the locomotive, coach, rail, tractive and operating conditions, tractive and traffic constraints and traffic assignment. Output provides data on running time, speed, acceleration, tractive effort, power, tractive motor current, energy consumption, temperature rise and other data depending on running distance. The program is designed for use by different specialists and serves as a practical and theoretical tool for diverse activities in railway engineering as, train diagram preparation, energy planning, studies and analysis of traction effects and capabilities, traffic capacity investigation etc. Special users-training is not required because the package was designed having "man-computer comfort" in mind. Data related to locomotive and rails are automatically available from data files stored in the auxiliary storage of the computing system.
- A summary contained in ORE report #AZ40/RP 6/E, RRIS #052600, Section 17, RRIS Bulletin 7502. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Vuskovic, M
- Lusicic, B
- Publication Date: 1974-9
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Energy consumption; Information processing; Railroad engineering; Scheduling; Simulation; Traction
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Question az40; Tractive effort
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052612
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 10 1975 12:00AM