INNOVATION IN BRIDGE DESIGN
This paper gives a brief history of recent work in Germany on the design of ships bridges, and after referring to two standard works on the subject, sets out the present position and comments on the earlier lack of research and availability of defined standards in this important subject. The paper deals only with innovation in bridge design on German owned seagoing vessels. The development of bridges on river vessels is not discussed. Order from NSFI as No. 18971.
- Symposium on the Design of Ships' Bridges, London, November 1978.
Symposium on the Design of Ships' BridgesLondon, England
- FROESE, J
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Bridges (Ships); Design standards; Ergonomics; Structural design
- Geographic Terms: Germany
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00309459
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM