LOW TEMPERATURE US/USSR MATERIAL AND WELD PROPERTIES FOR LNG APPLICATIONS-PART 1
This paper deals with the USA portion of a USA/USSR joint LNG materials evaluation program. The containment system of LNG requires economical alloys that are strong and tough in the temperature range of 110-300 K. Aluminium alloys and ferrous alloys have been tested and principal results for the USA program are summarized. Order from NSFI as No. 18992.
- Seventh International Cryogenic Engineering Conference, London, 4-7 July 1978.
International Cryogenic Engineering ConferenceLondon, England
- Reed, R P
- Yushchenko, K A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Aluminum alloys; Containing equipment; Cryogenics; Liquefied natural gas; Materials selection; Nickel alloys; Welds
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng containment systems; Materials evaluation; Weld properties
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00309456
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 7 1980 12:00AM