INVESTIGATION OF BRIDGE DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS. STATIC TESTS ON EXPERIMENTAL DECKS WITH CONCRETE ENCASED GIRDERS NOS. 4 AND 5
This report consists of two parts: Description and result of the static tests on experimental deck No. 4 (RP 3A). The tested concrete deck had a span of 3.60 m and the same principal dimensions as the bridge deck models tested previously. Steel sheets fastened to the underside, however, resulted in better use being made of the steel, which remained comparable in the cross-sectional area with the girders used in experimental deck No. 1. Description and result of the static tests on experimental deck No. 5 (RP 3B). Steel sheets were fastened to the underside of the experimental deck, the principal dimensions again remaining unchanged. The cross-sectional area of the steel was, in this connection, reduced to attain a total section modulus similar to that of experimental deck No. 1.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge decks; Bridges; Concrete bridges; Girder bridges; Static tests; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Bridge stresses; Question d123
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052609
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D123/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1975 12:00AM