BRAKE PADS FOR DISC BRAKES AND COMPOSITION BRAKE BLOCKS. DEVELOPMENT OF PHYSICAL-MECHANICAL AND CHEMICAL-ANALYTICAL TEST PROCEDURES FOR ACCEPTANCE TESTING AND QUALITY CONTROL OF BRAKE PADS
Provisional specifications for the acceptance testing of disc brake pads have been compiled in B 126/RP 1. For the final version of this document, further tests need to be carried out. Some of these, covering physical, mechanical and chemical properties of pad "composition" materials are described in the present report. Considerable variations in property levels due to material heterogeneity have been noted. The application of a number of the test methods studied as quality control and acceptance testing techniques seems quite feasible. Further experimental work will be required before correlation between the properties studied and the braking performance of "composition" materials is possible.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Brake shoes; Brakes; Braking performance; Composite materials; Vehicle tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake tests; Question b126
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B126/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 2 1976 12:00AM