PROGRAMME OF TESTS ON THE BRAKE RIG. DESCRIPTION OF VIENNA ARSENAL BRAKE TEST RIG AND CALIBRATION TESTS ON LINE
The report contains a technical description of the Vienna Arsenal Brake Test Rig and its associated instrumentation. The tests made on the line during the winter of 1972/73 to establish the mechanical conditions in the brake equipment and the climatic conditions near the bogies are summarised. The relationship between weather conditions (quantity of snow, temperature, humidity, etc.) and brake performance (stopping distance, etc.) is demonstrated. The tests are fully described in Appendices 1, 2 and 3.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Cold weather; Operations; Vehicle tests
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake tests; Braking systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052595
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B132/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM