PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. PROCEDURES FOR TESTING PAINTS AND FILLERS
The report contains a number of procedures for testing paints and fillers. Relevant ISO documents are referred to and specified, if necessary. It is recommended that ISO norms be applied to settle scientific questions, to analyse and check new paints and paint systems, and also to test the products of new suppliers of paint. The test procedures described are intended for application to the cases of day-to-day practice which require paints to be tested quickly and with adequate accuracy. ISO norms should, on principle, be applied to matters in dispute between supplier and purchaser.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 61 p.
- TRT Terms: Abrasions; Coatings; Paint; Tests; Weathering
- Old TRIS Terms: Question e17
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052593
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 39/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM