AUTOMATIC WARNING OF TRACK MAINTENANCE GANGS. THEORETICAL STUDY TO ASCERTAIN THE OPTIMUM ACOUSTIC WARNING SIGNALS IN THE PRESENCE OF SEVERE BACKGROUND NOISE
The report contains a description of a theoretical study concerning the complex psycho-acoustic and psychological aspects of signal perception when the signals are masked by interfering noise. The report also suggests what features appear to be the most favourable for acoustic warning signals, and makes proposals for the continuation of the study.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Maintenance of way; Safety equipment; Sound level; Warning systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Audible warnings; Question a124
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00052592
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B124/RP 4/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1976 12:00AM