ELASTIC SYSTEMS FOR TRACTION AND SHOCK GEAR (SIDE BUFFERS AND CENTER BUFFERS). SPECIFICATION LEAFLET FOR ELASTIC SYSTEMS. PART 2: COMBINED HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS: GAS AND MECHANICAL ELASTIC ELEMENTS. PART 3: ELASTOMER ELASTIC SYSTEMS WITH HYDROSTATIC COMPRESSION
The first main part of the report comprises the general specification containing the technical conditions for the elastic systems for goods wagons equipped with automatic couplers and belonging to the UIC and OSJD member administrations. The second part covers the special specifications applicable to the UIC member administrations (except those who are also members of OSJD), as well as comments on the factors on which the special specification conditions were based.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 85 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Cushioning materials; Elastomers; Freight cars; Gears; Occupant protection devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Draft gears; Impact protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Buffers; Car impact; Cushioning; Freight car components; Hydraulic cushioning; Question b36
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052591
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B36/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM