ELASTIC SYSTEMS FOR TRACTION AND SHOCK GEAR (SIDE BUFFERS AND CENTER BUFFERS). SPECIFICATION LEAFLET FOR ELASTIC SYSTEMS. PART 1: ELASTIC SYSTEMS WHOSE SPRING FORCE IS DEPENDENT CHIEFLY ON COMPRESSION (LINEAR CHARACTERISTICS)
The first main part of the report comprises the general specification containing the technical conditions for the elastic systems for goods wagons equipped with automatic couplers and belonging to the UIC and OSJD member administrations. The second part covers the special specification applicable to the UIC member administrations (with the exception of member administrations who are also members of the OSJD) as well as comments on the factors on which these specification conditions were based.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; Cushioning materials; Elastomers; Freight cars; Gears; Occupant protection devices
- Uncontrolled Terms: Draft gears; Impact protection
- Old TRIS Terms: Buffers; Car impact; Cushioning; Freight car components; Hydraulic cushioning; Question b36
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052590
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B36/RP 12/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM