OPERATING PRINCIPLES ENABLING A SINGLE TRACK TO BE USED IN EITHER RUNNING DIRECTION OVER A SECTION OF DOUBLE TRACK
Over a line with double track, it may be necessary to make arrangements for trains to run temporarily in both directions over a single track, the other track being unusable due to repairs, a traffic incident, an obstacle, etc.; this happens more and more due to modern methods of maintaining the track and catenaries, which require such long periods of work that it is generally not possible to do them without transfering the running of a certain number of trains to the other track. This document sets out the measures taken by certain UIC Member Railways (SNCF, BR, CFF, DB, DSB, FS, NS, OBB, PKP, RENFE, SJ, SNCB) in order to reduce delays due to the running of trains in the wrong direction, without endangering safety of operation.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Operations; Signaling; Single track; Train operation
- Old TRIS Terms: Single track operations
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052568
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOC 29
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM