NOAA FLEET COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT
This paper describes the NOAA Fleet and Communications used to support NOAA Marine Programs. Communications Management via Headquarters and operations support via Marine Centers and supporting coast radio stations is described. Information is provided on organization, radio frequency management, reports, operational procedures and ships of the NOAA Fleet. Requirements for safety of the NOAA Fleet with Equipment and Fleet Inspections are described as well as communication paths for normal and disaster communications. Office of Fleet Operations Instructions pertaining to Fleet Electronic Support of Inventory and maintenance are highlighted. Emphasis is on providing an overview of what the NOAA Fleet is, what it does and how communications are managed to provide effective Fleet Communications Support.
- Symposium Papers of the RTCM Assembly Meeting, 23-26 April 1979, San Francisco. Volume 3, A--Maritime Operations, and B--Regional Telecommunications (Section P).
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Moore, T A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication; Communication systems; Distress signals; Fleet management; Oceanographic vessels; Radio; Safety
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Distress communications; Safety communications
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00309016
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 153-79/DO-113 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1980 12:00AM