CONSTRUCTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR IMPROVING THE RIDING STABILITY AND THE GUIDING QUALITY OF ELECTRIC AND DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES AND VEHICLES. MEASUREMENT OF THE FORCES ACTING BETWEEN WHEEL AND RAIL
The knowledge of the forces acting between wheel and rail is important when studying the riding stability of a vehicle. Several procedures are available to measure these forces using measuring wheelsets. Several Administrations have developed, for this purpose, wheelset calibration rigs, whose design is described in a special chapter. Another chapter concerns the costs of these measurements. Some application examples should give an idea of the possibilities offered by the methods described.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 46 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamics; Equipment tests; Motor vehicles; Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Train track dynamics; Wheels; Wheelsets (Railroads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b10; Test equipment
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052563
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B10/RP 14/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1976 12:00AM