PROBLEMS OF HIGH STRENGTH BOLTED CONNECTIONS IN STEEL CONSTRUCTION. SUMMARISED CONTENTS OF REPORTS NOS. 1-7
In this Final Report on ORE Question D 90, the programme of work, the preparations, the execution and results of the ORE tests from 7 interim reports and similar studies by other bodies are summarized and evaluated in conclusions and recommendations. The studies referred to: (1) effect of methods of preparing faying surfaces; (2) effect of the protection of faying surfaces on the coefficient of friction; (3) effect of weathering exposure before and after assembly on the coefficient of friction of protected and unprotected faying surfaces; (4) effect of sustained static loading and temperature variations on the behavior of connections; (5) effect of dynamic loads on the behavior of connections (fatigue tests); and (6) protection of bolts, nuts and washers.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- TRT Terms: Bolts; Bridges; Construction joints; Corrosion; Corrosion protection; High strength
- Candidate Terms: Bolted joints
- Uncontrolled Terms: Bridge structures
- Old TRIS Terms: High strength bolts; Question d90
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052561
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D90/RP 8/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1975 12:00AM