APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. INVESTIGATION OF TRACTIVE UNITS EQUIPPED WITH CHOPPERS--TEST WITH SEVERAL RAILCARS ON THE 3 KV D.C. SYSTEM OF THE SNCB
This report contains the account of various measurements carried out by the SNCB with one and also with several coupled chopper-equipped railcars in service to determine the repercussions on various equipment of permanent installations. Evaluation of the tests has shown that, taking into account the conditions encountered on the system of the SNCB, the operation of chopper-equipped railcars does not give rise to unacceptable interference in signalling circuits. Furthermore, it does not appear that telephone and data transmission circuits are significantly affected by these units, in comparison with conventional units. The report also includes a theoretical study for calculating the amplitude of the most important harmonics.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Electromagnetic interference; Signaling; Thyristors
- Identifier Terms: Societe Nationale des Chemins de Fer Belges
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052560
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 10/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM