NEW TECHNOLOGIES FOR TRACKED GROUND TRANSPORT. STATE OF STUDIES AND EXPERIMENTATION ON UNCONVENTIONAL SYSTEMS APPLICABLE TO VERY HIGH SPEEDS
The report gives a survey of those principles of new techniques liable to offer certain prospects of future operational application. The report reflects the state of research and development as ascertained from visits to the firms concerned and the evaluation of the relevant literature, while also the replies to a questionnaire circulated by ORE to the competent state authorities were used for this purpose. Finally, a comparison is made between the selected criteria for the various systems, and an estimate is given on the developments to be anticipated. For purposes of evaluation additional use is made of the SYSMAG computation model.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; High speed ground transportation; High speed track; Intelligent transportation systems; Linear induction motors; Linear motors; Magnetic levitation; Synchronous motors; Tracked vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; High speed tracked vehicles; Question c135
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: C135/RP 1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM