APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. STUDIES OF A.C. THYRISTOR LOCOMOTIVES FOR 15 KV 16 2/3 CYCLES AND THE EFFECT ON 100 HZ TRACK-CIRCUIT INSTALLATIONS (TESTS WITH OBB LOCOMOTIVE 1043)
The Austrian Railways have carried out extensive tests with 1043 class locomotives and ascertained the effect of a defect in the firing angle on the operating safety of track circuits working at 100 Hz. This report describes the measures which have been taken (a) on the locomotive and (b) on three different types of track-circuit installations to ensure that operation is not affected as a result of the running of thyristor locomotives either with single or double heading of trains.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Signaling; Thyristors; Track circuits
- Identifier Terms: Osterreichische Bundesbahnen
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052558
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM