SPARE PARTS PROVISIONING STUDY. VOLUME II. FINAL REPORT
MarAd announces the availability of a technical report which presents the results of a study to assess the scope of spare parts provisioning, utilization, and control within the maritime industry. The report, prepared by Mystech Associates of Mystic, Connecticut, encompasses both a qualitative and quantitative assessment of spare parts requirements for a typical merchant ship. It includes prevailing maritime industry practices regarding spare parts identification. procurement, inventory, control, and centralized warehousing and pooling. The information contained in the study represents inputs from a significant cross-section of U.S. shipowners/operators of subsidized, non-subsidized and international fleets as well as marine equipment suppliers.
- Volume I-Executive Summary NTIS No. PB299864/AS cost: $4.50. Volume III--Requirements Assessment of An Industry Wide Intergrated Supply System, NTIS No. PB299866/AS cost: $12.00. 3 Volume Set--NTIS No. PB299863/AS cost: $20.00.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-10
- Pagination: n.p.
- Volume: 2
- Issue Number: 3
- Publisher: Maritime Administration
- TRT Terms: Equipment maintenance; Machinery; Maintenance equipment; Spare parts
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00302290
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1979 12:00AM