STANDARDISATION OF WAGONS. PROGRAMME OF TESTS TO BE CARRIED OUT ON WAGONS WITH STEEL UNDERFRAME AND BODY AND SUITABLE FOR BEING FITTED WITH THE AUTOMATIC BUFFING AND DRAW COUPLER
This report replaces the previous B 12/RP 17 report, 1st edition. It surveys all the tests which are at present considered as representing the complete series of tests to which a new type of wagon can be exposed. The conditions under which these tests should be made and the results to be obtained (maximum or minimum values) are laid down for each test. On account of the detailed information, it contains taking into consideration the developments which have taken place the last few years in the construction of goods wagons, this report constitutes a valuable basis for the design of new types of wagons.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Standardization; Static tests; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic coupling; Freight car component performance; Freight car components; Freight car design; Question b12
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052553
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B12/RP 20/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM