STANDARDIZATION OF THE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT OF PASSENGER COACHES. TESTS TO DETERMINE THE LOADING CAPACITY OF THE MAIN HIGH-VOLTAGE LINE AS A FUNCTION OF THE OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE
This report shows the results of tests to determine the loading capacity of the various component parts of the main high voltage line, such as coupling plug and socket, material of conductors depending on the outside temperature and the conclusions inferred. The tests were carried out at outside temperatures between minus 20 C and plus 50 C and at current intensities of 400 to 800 A (individual tests even up to 1000 A). Based on the results of the individual tests, a diagram has been plotted concerning the possible loading capacity of the main high voltage line depending on the outside temperature.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air conditioning systems; Cables; Electric insulating materials; Electric power supply; Electric power transmission; Heating, cooling and ventilation equipment; Transmission lines; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Electrical insulation; Question b108
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052552
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B108/RP 2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 16 1975 12:00AM