ADHESION OF LOCOMOTIVES FROM THE POINT OF VIEW OF THEIR CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION, ADHESION TESTS IN 1971
In Report No. 9 the results of the first series of tests carried out between Wadgassen (DB) and Hargarten (SNCF) with Test Machine 18000 were described. The present report contains details of further tests made during 1971 on the Gresy-sur-Aix--Annecy--La Roche-sur-Foron line, in France, and on the Wadgassen--Hargarten line. The relationships investigated were: (1) the effect on adhesion of axle-load, running speed, pinion stiffness, track curvature, sanding, as well as the method of control; (2) the effect on slip of sanding and method of control; and (3) the effect of transmission elasticity on the appearance of stick-slip oscillations. Theoretical analyses of the stick-slip oscillation phenomenon, and adhesion in curves are appended.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Locomotives; Testing; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Adhesion tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b44
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052546
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B44/RP 10/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1974 12:00AM