VIENNA ARSENAL VEHICLE TESTING STATION. REPORT ON TESTS DURING 1972 AND 1973 BEFORE RECONSTRUCTION
A description of the Vehicle Testing Station at Vienna Arsenal, indicating its present and future capabilites, together with a summary of the activities of 1972 and of 1973 until the closure for reconstruction is given. Standard test programmes for passenger coaches and refrigerator vans are described briefly. Tests were undertaken on coaches, wagons, containers and locomotives of many types, and in addition the facilities of the station were used in icing tests on the catenary, aerodynamic tests on a scale-model of a building development, and aerodynamic tests on bob-sleighs. Further work was done for the European Airbus group.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Test facilities; Testing; Vehicle dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Arsenal (Vienna, Austria)
- Old TRIS Terms: Question az30; Test programs
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052545
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: AZ 30/RP 13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 31 1976 12:00AM