APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. STUDY OF THE EFFECT OF INTERFERENCE ON TRACK CIRCUITS
This report contains a general equivalent circuit model valid for all track circuits and permitting analysis of the distribution of the interference produced in the different elements of the circuit model (which also constitute the different elements of the track circuit). These elements are studied from the point of view of their structure, in taking as a basis the theory of circuits and lines, as well as from the point of view of the penetration mechanism of which each of these is subjected. A list of electrical quantities of the track circuit is established, for which it is advisable to fix limits (criteria). The results of the evaluation of a questionnaire relating to track circuits are given, which permit a preliminary general idea to be gained of the types of installations which are affected by interference and those which are not. Finally, several practical measures taken so far for protecting track circuits against the harmful effects of interference are mentioned.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric locomotives; Interference; Railroad electrification; Signaling; Thyristors; Track circuits
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Construction; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052532
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 9/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM